Sweet Cherry Cheese Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, cut butter into crushed cookies until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling and extracts; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with filling. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 408 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 14, 2012
This is the best no-bake cheesecake recipe I've come across so far. Easy and delicious. Every time I serve this I'm asked for the recipe.
Dec 28, 2010
The pecan shortbread crust makes this dessert delicious!! Will definitely make again!! So easy!!
Apr 20, 2010
Simply Delicious!!! Thanks for sharing