I like the combination of this sweet treat's soft, creamy filling and crunchy crust with a wonderfully nutty flavor. the layer of cherries on top makes for a beautiful presentation. It's not difficult--and is simply delicious.
Recommended: 20 Recipes with Fresh Cherries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, cut butter into crushed cookies until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling and extracts; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with filling. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Cherry Cheese Dessert in Country Woman March/April 2005, p29
Reviews forSweet Cherry Cheese Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2010
"Simply Delicious!!! Thanks for sharing"