Sweet Cereal Treats
"It doesn't take long to mix up a batch of these yummy snacks since they have only four ingredients and don't need to bake," relates Barri VanderHulst from Allegan, Michigan. "As a small child, I helped my grandma make them. Now my three children enjoy helping me. We all love this crunchy treat."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 5-1/3 cups Peanut Butter Captain Crunch cereal
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts; set aside. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 119 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Cereal Treats in Quick Cooking May/June 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.