Sweet Cereal Treats
"It doesn't take long to mix up a batch of these yummy snacks since they have only four ingredients and don't need to bake," relates Barri VanderHulst from Allegan, Michigan. "As a small child, I helped my grandma make them. Now my three children enjoy helping me. We all love this crunchy treat."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 5-1/3 cups Peanut Butter Captain Crunch cereal
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts; set aside. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 119 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sweet Cereal Treats in Quick Cooking May/June 1998