"It doesn't take long to mix up a batch of these yummy snacks since they have only four ingredients and don't need to bake," relates Barri VanderHulst from Allegan, Michigan. "As a small child, I helped my grandma make them. Now my three children enjoy helping me. We all love this crunchy treat."
Recommended: 14 Recipes for Cereal Bars
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5-1/3 cups Peanut Butter Captain Crunch cereal
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla baking chips
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts; set aside. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Cereal Treats in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p40