Sweet Carrots with Bacon
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 140 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 2 bacon strips
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook carrots according to package directions. Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon of drippings.
- Saute onion in butter and reserved drippings. Add brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until brown sugar is melted.
- Drain carrots and toss with onion mixture. Crumble bacon; sprinkle over top.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 140 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chuckwagon Carrots in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013