Sweet Butter Tarts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- Pastry for three single-crust pies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface; cut into twelve 4-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and maple flavoring. Stir in raisins.
- Fill each cup half full. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 370 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 11, 2016
Love this recipe!!!!! And easy and NO corn syrup!
Oct 12, 2013
Very easy & delicious!
Nov 29, 2012
I changed it up a little. Currants instead of raisins and a shot of dark rum
Nov 26, 2012
YUMM these were so delicious! Just how my dad and husband LOVE them. :)
Feb 14, 2010
My husband is a HUGE butter tart fanatic and he absolutely loved these! We will make them again often.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.