Sweet Butter Tarts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- Pastry for three single-crust pies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface; cut into twelve 4-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and maple flavoring. Stir in raisins.
- Fill each cup half full. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 370 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 11, 2016
Love this recipe!!!!! And easy and NO corn syrup!
Oct 12, 2013
Very easy & delicious!
Nov 29, 2012
I changed it up a little. Currants instead of raisins and a shot of dark rum
Nov 26, 2012
YUMM these were so delicious! Just how my dad and husband LOVE them. :)
Feb 14, 2010
My husband is a HUGE butter tart fanatic and he absolutely loved these! We will make them again often.