- Pastry for three single-crust pies
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface; cut into twelve 4-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and maple flavoring. Stir in raisins. Fill each cup half full. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forSweet Butter Tarts
"Love this recipe!!!!! And easy and NO corn syrup!"
"Very easy & delicious!"
"I changed it up a little. Currants instead of raisins and a shot of dark rum"
"YUMM these were so delicious! Just how my dad and husband LOVE them. :)"
"My husband is a HUGE butter tart fanatic and he absolutely loved these! We will make them again often."