Sweet Broiled Grapefruit Recipe
- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maraschino cherry for garnish, optional
- 1. Cut each grapefruit in half. With a sharp knife, cut around the membrane in the center of each half and discard. Cut around each section to loosen fruit.
- 2. Place 1 tablespoon butter in the center of each half. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over each. Place on a baking pan. Broil 4 in. from heat until butter is melted and sugar is bubbly. Garnish with a cherry if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 grapefruit half: 203 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Broiled Grapefruit
"This is the best way to make a grapefruit, I have never really liked grapefruit until I tried this recipe...definitely much better tasting warmed up"