- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maraschino cherry for garnish, optional
- Cut each grapefruit in half. With a sharp knife, cut around the membrane in the center of each half and discard. Cut around each section to loosen fruit.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in the center of each half. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over each. Place on a baking pan. Broil 4 in. from heat until butter is melted and sugar is bubbly. Garnish with a cherry if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSweet Broiled Grapefruit
"This is the best way to make a grapefruit, I have never really liked grapefruit until I tried this recipe...definitely much better tasting warmed up"