Sweet Barbecue Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, molasses and seasonings; mix well. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Before measuring molasses, coat the measuring spoon or cup with nonstick cooking spray--the molasses will slide right out with little mess.
1 each: 305 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Barbecue Sandwiches
"I made the recipe as written. Thumb's up from everybody!"