Sweet Barbecue Sandwiches
I practically grew up on these sandwiches. Now I feed them often to my kids. Molasses and cinnamon are the secret ingredients to the filling's sweet success. - Rochelle Saeger, Shelton, Washington
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, molasses and seasonings; mix well. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve on buns.
Before measuring molasses, coat the measuring spoon or cup with nonstick cooking spray--the molasses will slide right out with little mess.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 305 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Barbecue Sandwiches in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.