Sweet Autumn Salad
MY family and friends tell me that this is their favorite salad in the world, bar none! All flavors work well together and it adds a bright touch to the table with the mixture of fruits and nuts.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 medium red pear, diced
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, pear, oranges, grapes, cranberries and pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 347 calories, 22g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Autumn Salad in Reminisce Extra September 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.