Sweet Apricot Candy
I first made this recipe for a ladies Christmas luncheon where it received rave reviews. Now it's a favorite with my family, too. I suggest presenting the divinity-like candies in pretty paper candy cups.—Loraine Meyer, Bend, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the marshmallow creme, butter, vanilla, salt and orange zest; beat until well blended. Gradually add 2 cups confectioners' sugar; beat until combined (mixture will be stiff). By hand, knead in the apricots, pecans and enough remaining confectioners' sugar to make a very stiff mixture.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square pan. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into 1-in. squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 43 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Apricot Pecan Candy in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010