Sweet and Tangy Meatballs Recipe
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 6 unsweetened pineapple slices
- 6 green pepper rings
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg substitute and milk. Stir in the crumbs, onion and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 36 balls, about 1 in. each.
- 2. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meatballs; drain if necessary. Combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice, barbecue sauce and water until smooth; stir in cranberry sauce.
- 3. Pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; top with pineapple and green pepper.
- 4. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
6 each: 338 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
"nice to try new things"
"Very good! Tastes like something you'd order at a restaurant!"
"Delicious! easy to prepare and my family (including two picky eaters ages 2 & 4) loved it. Yumm...can't wait to make this one again!"