- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 6 unsweetened pineapple slices
- 6 green pepper rings
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine egg substitute and milk. Stir in crumbs, onion and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into 36 balls, about 1 in. each. In a skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meatballs; drain if necessary.
- Combine cornstarch, pineapple juice, barbecue sauce and water until smooth; stir in cranberry sauce. Pour over meatballs. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; top with pineapple and green pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSweet and Tangy Meatballs
"nice to try new things"
"Very good! Tastes like something you'd order at a restaurant!"
"Delicious! easy to prepare and my family (including two picky eaters ages 2 & 4) loved it. Yumm...can't wait to make this one again!"