Sweet and Spicy Steak
The flavors of molasses and cayenne pepper blend beautifully in this steak stir-fry.—Marie Walter, Kaycee, Wyoming
- 3 bunches green onions with tops
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut onions into 3-in. pieces; cut white portion in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add onions, molasses, salt and cayenne. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.
1 each: 255 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 18, 2011
Tried this recipe for dinner tonight. We really liked it and wouldn't change a thing.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC