Sweet and Spicy Steak
The flavors of molasses and cayenne pepper blend beautifully in this steak stir-fry.—Marie Walter, Kaycee, Wyoming
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 bunches green onions with tops
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut onions into 3-in. pieces; cut white portion in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add onions, molasses, salt and cayenne. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 255 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Sweet and Spicy Steak in Country Woman September/October 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.