Sweet and Spicy Nuts Recipe
Each Christmas, I fill jars with these special nuts, tie the top with a piece of colored ribbon and give them away as gifts. Everyone is always pleasantly surprised by their zesty taste.—Becky Cleveland, Waterville, Nova Scotia
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup pistachios or macadamia nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Add nuts and stir until coated. Spread evenly in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes, stirring two or three times. Spread on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cool. Store in airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
1/3 cup: 298 calories, 27g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Sweet and Spicy Nuts
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC