Sweet and Spicy Nuts
Each Christmas, I fill jars with these special nuts, tie the top with a piece of colored ribbon and give them away as gifts. Everyone is always pleasantly surprised by their zesty taste.—Becky Cleveland, Waterville, Nova Scotia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup pistachios or macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Add nuts and stir until coated. Spread evenly in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes, stirring two or three times. Spread on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cool. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 298 calories, 27g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.