Sweet and Sour Turkey Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg or egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; set aside. In another bowl, combine the egg, onion, crackers, parsley, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons reserved tomato mixture. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 4x3-in. oval.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with remaining tomato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 235 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jul 30, 2018
Great recipe. I cut back a bit on the tomato sauce (about 1/3 cup) and increased the cracker crumbs as the one reviewer said it did not firm. Mine was fine. I am not sure you would call it sweet and sour. I would like maybe some different sauce on the top to serve with. A make again.
Jul 24, 2012
It tastes delicious, but the texture is very strange. It didn't firm up, and was just hard to serve.
Jul 19, 2012
Loved it! Quick and easy, lots of flavor and good for you!
Feb 26, 2010
This is excellent, tasty and tastes great. I often double the recipe to fee more family members. Great use of ground turkey.