Sweet and Sour Spread
This recipe is a perfect appetizer for a small get-together. Guest do not expect it to be so unique with many different flavors. I like to serve it with many different crackers.—Joanne Klingel, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish. Spread cream cheese mixture in a 4-in. circle on a serving plate. In a bowl, combine the apple jelly, pineapple preserves, mustard and pepper. Spread over cream cheese. Serve immediately with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 128 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Spread in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook