Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Tired of you usual shrimp recipes? Canned cherry pie filling adds convenience to this delightful dish that takes only minutes to prepare.—Cherry Marketing Institute.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, cooked and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan, combine pie filling, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger; mix well. Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are heated through. Do not over cook. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 370 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Shrimp in Taste of Home June/July 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.