Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Tired of you usual shrimp recipes? Canned cherry pie filling adds convenience to this delightful dish that takes only minutes to prepare.—Cherry Marketing Institute.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, cooked and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan, combine pie filling, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger; mix well. Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are heated through. Do not over cook. Serve over rice.