Sweet and Sour Shrimp in a Hurry
Quick, easy and convenient, this family-friendly recipe is proof you can whip up a delicious dinner in minutes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 cup sweet-and-sour sauce, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook onion in 2 tablespoons sweet-and-sour sauce over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir in the peas; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the shrimp, corn, soy sauce and remaining sweet-and-sour sauce; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice): 232 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Sweet And Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.