Sweet-and-Sour Pork & Veggie Dish Recipe
You couldn't ask for a better blend of sweet and sour flavors! This recipe has it.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cornstarch and egg until smooth. Add pork; toss to coat. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry half of the pork in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove. Repeat with remaining pork and 1 tablespoon oil; set pork aside and keep warm.
- 2. Stir-fry the carrots, onion and garlic in the remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add green pepper and water; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Add pineapple and pork to pan.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and brown sugar. Stir in chicken broth, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Add ginger and reserved pineapple juice; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 351 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Pork & Veggie Dish
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC