VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, finely chopped and drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Prepared sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- Combine bread crumbs and milk in small bowl; set aside. Meanwhile, combine ground beef, sausage, water chestnuts, soy sauce, garlic powder and onion salt. Add to bread crumb mixture; mix well. Form into 1-1/2-in. meatballs. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, drain. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce if desired. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs Appetizer in Country Ground Beef 1993, p7