Sweet-and-Sour Dressing Recipe
When I was growing up, Dad made this so much it became our "house" dressing. This recipe makes a nice big batch that you can conveniently keep in your refrigerator.
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and seasonings. Add vinegar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil and corn syrup until well blended. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoons: 139 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Dressing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC