VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 small green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour and salt. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with pineapple and green pepper; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, broth, vinegar, ketchup and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-and-Sour Chops in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p9
Reviews forSweet-and-Sour Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2013
"One of my favorite meals!"
Reviewed May. 1, 2012
"This is really good served with white rice and egg rolls."
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2010
"Amazing and easy to make"