Sweet and Sour Chicken Nuggets
Homemade chicken nuggets are better than any store-bought version could ever be. With the simple special sauce, these appetizers work well for special occasions and every day.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a bowl or plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and lemon-pepper seasoning. Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken for about 5 minutes or until juices run clear. In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; stir until heated through. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 152 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Chicken Nuggets in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.