Homemade chicken nuggets are better than any store-bought version could ever be. With the simple special sauce, these appetizers work well for special occasions and every day.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- In a bowl or plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and lemon-pepper seasoning. Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, and toss to coat. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken for bout 5 minutes or until juices run clear. In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; stir until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Chicken Nuggets in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p7