Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves or spreadable fruit
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 259 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1/2 vegetable.