Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Casserole
Apricot preserves give a different twist to this saucy sweet-and-sour chicken from Melanie May of Fishers, Indiana. With just five ingredients, it's a snap to stir up and serve over rice.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves or spreadable fruit
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 259 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1/2 vegetable.
Originally published as Golden Chicken Casserole in Quick Cooking September/October 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.