- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper; coat chicken. In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside. Saute celery, green peppers and onion in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return chicken pan. Combine ketchup, lemon juice, pineapple and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and additional minute or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSweet-and-Sour Chicken
"The whole family loves this one. My young kids, husband and grandparents. Straight forward to make with no fancy, expensive ingredients."
"I like substituting apple cider vinegar for the lemon juice. Gives this recipe extra tang."