Sweet-and-Sour Baked Chicken
This baked sweet and sour chicken is one of my favorite entrees to make for company. It's assembled the night before and popped into the oven before guests arrive, so there's plenty of time to visit. —Marion Skildum, St. Paul, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 broiler/fryer chicken pieces (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag or a glass 13x9-in. baking dish, combine first nine ingredients. Add chicken pieces; turn to coat. Cover or close bag and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Drain, discarding all but 1 cup marinade. Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; add reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until juices run clear.
Originally published as Sweet-and-Sour Baked Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.