Sweet and Savory Turkey Salad
My mother found this recipe while searching for something different to serve at my bridal shower. The apricots and figs make the dressing unique and tasty.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 5 cups shredded cooked turkey or cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, julienned
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, onion, poppy seeds, honey and salt. Stir in orange peel, apricots and figs; cover and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature. In a large bowl, combine turkey, celery, cheese and dressing. Refrigerate for several hours. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Originally published as Sweet and Savory Turkey Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.