Sweet and Savory Stuffing Recipe
Thanks to bacon, apple and sage, this stuffing bursts with delightful flavors. Make it for the holidays, but you’ll be tempted to have it during the week, too! Sharon Ferrante - Mifflintown, PA
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 5 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 large tart apple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Transfer to a large bowl. Add stuffing cubes, apple, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 7 cups.
3/4 cup: 238 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Sweet and Savory Stuffing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC