- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 5 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 large tart apple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Transfer to a large bowl. Add stuffing cubes, apple, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 7 cups.
Reviews for Sweet and Savory Stuffing
"Very tasting and the apple added a nice touch. The family talked about other things to add as well such as dried cranberries and nuts. Quick and easy to make with handy items. I love the taste of sage but think I would scale the amount back next time."