Sweet and Savory Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 5 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 large tart apple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Transfer to a large bowl. Add stuffing cubes, apple, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 27, 2012
Very tasting and the apple added a nice touch. The family talked about other things to add as well such as dried cranberries and nuts. Quick and easy to make with handy items. I love the taste of sage but think I would scale the amount back next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.