Sweet and Savory Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 5 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 large tart apple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Transfer to a large bowl. Add stuffing cubes, apple, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 27, 2012
Very tasting and the apple added a nice touch. The family talked about other things to add as well such as dried cranberries and nuts. Quick and easy to make with handy items. I love the taste of sage but think I would scale the amount back next time.