Sweet and Salty Puppy Chow
Sweet, salty and crunchy…and all flavored with peanut butter. This treat is sure to be snatched up quickly. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min. + standing
- 9 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (4.1 ounces) Bac-Os bacon flavor bits
- Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the chips, peanut butter and butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a large resealable plastic bag; add bacon bits and cereal mixture. Close bag and shake to coat. Spread onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 346 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Sep 3, 2015
This was super easy to make, mostly inexpensive to buy the stuff for and SUPER tasty! I will make this again! Great combo of flavors. Nice addition to our "International Bacon Awareness Day" potluck at work!