Sweet and Crunchy Party Mix
Instead of buying a party mix at the store, try mixing this recipe together for your next party. It has such a wonderful sweet flavor.—Diane Simkins, East Greenville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 5 cups
- 2-1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups oyster crackers
- 1 cup goldfish crackers
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts or cashews
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, combine the cereal, crackers and peanuts. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, honey and cinnamon. Cook and stir until butter is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla (mixture will bubble up some). Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- Bake at 325° for 7 minutes; stir. Bake 10-15 minutes longer, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool, stirring several times.