- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- In a bowl, combine the sherry or broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. POur sauce over pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Garish with diced peppers. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops
"Very good! I usually leave out the diced peppers and it's still super yummy!"
"I have to triple this recipe for my family of 5 because they keep coming back for more!"
"I enjoyed this; I thought the sauce had a good flavor. I cooked the diced peppers with the sauce so they would be soft."
"Tasty, but, mine turned out a bit dry and I only simmered mine for about 6 minutes. My daughter thought it tasted like teriyaki. The sauce was too thick (my mistake, I used a tablespoon of cornstarch instead of what the recipe called for).I will certainly try this again, but I will cut down the cook time and use the listed amount of cornstarch and water."