VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce; add the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and sauce is thickened. Serve over noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p202
Reviews forSweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2013
"Yummy This Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballsare so good my kids love it !!!!"