- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place the carrots in a large saucepan; sprinkle with salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well. Return carrots to the pan; add brown sugar, butter, mustard and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until well coated. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSweet 'n' Tangy Carrots
"These carrots are easy to prepare and everyone loves them!! Thanks for the recipe!!"
"This was simple and a delicious. A nice change from the honey/brown sugar glazed carrots. I steamed baby carrots separately, then just started with step 2. I added in a dash of salt since I didn't boil the carrots with the salt. I'd make this again."
"I was looking for a change to my standard steamed carrots and gave this recipe a try. Wow! These were absolutely fantastic, and I will definitely make again. What a simple and tasty way to dress up carrots. Wish I could give this 10 stars!"
"Very nice change!"
"My family absolutely LOVED these carrots. I added a little italian seasoning and they raved over them. A definite regular now!!!!!"
"This was a really good recipe. Didn't change a thing! Will be making it again!"
"Love these! Perfect side dish for just about anything."
"This is one of the first recipes I made from the very first issue of Taste of Home I ever received. Yummy!~ Theresa"