This started out as a mild sauce that I decided to "spice up". You'll find it's easy to adjust the seasonings to suit your family's taste. I also like to use the sauce on boneless skinless chicken breasts. —Gladys Peterson, Beaumont, Texas
Recommended: 35 Easy Grilling Recipes Anyone Can Master
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, raisins, jelly, vinegar and seasonings; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a 1-qt. saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened. set aside 3/4 cup for serving.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting grill. Grill pork chops, uncovered, over medium heat, for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Spicy Grilled Pork Chops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p214