“My friends have asked me to bottle my barbeque sauce, rub and marinades. My favorite saying is, 'You cook it, and they will come.'” And they sure will with these tender ribs on the menu! Thanks to Allan Stackhouse Jr of Jennings, Louisiana for the recipe.
Recommended: 25 Unbelievably Tender Slow Cooker Ribs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, oil, cola, brown sugar, honey, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Liquid Smoke if desired and seasonings. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the ribs. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight, turning once. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, basting occasionally. Grill 20-25 minutes longer or until juices run clear and meat is tender, turning and basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Spicy Country Ribs in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p52