- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-2/3 cups chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSweet 'n' Spicy Chicken
"This recipe surprised me, sounds kind of weird but it’s really good and a fast weekday meal. I will make this often. May want to double it as hubby and I had no problem eating almost all of it."
"Absolutely delicious! Had apricot preserves which worked fine. Very pleased how the chicken cubes browned in the taco seasoning. Definitely need to make frequently."
"Very easy and delicious. Made it tonight for company that must eat gluten-free. Used mild salsa and mild taco seasoning mix as we aren't fans of spicy foods. This is my second time making this recipe and I will definitely make it again."
"Great flavor with the peachy sweetness added to salsa and so fast to put together! I love this recipe when time is short and dinner time is close!! If you use a Minute rice, and steam some broccoli, you have a meal in minutes!"
"Very yummy! My mom thought it too spicy but I used regular taco seasoning and medium heat salsa which is what we always use in tacos."
"This was really good. Definitely a "crowd pleaser"!"
"Very Good and easy. Used sugar-free apricot jam. Served with whole grain spaghetti."