- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the flavors are blended. Remove from the heat; cool. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Reviews forSweet 'n' Spicy BBQ Sauce
"I ran out of storebought BBQ sauce and googled this site and decided to try it. Mercy! This is the absolute best BBQ sauce I've ever made! It made a large enough batch that I even canned it so we can have it on hand all the time! I've sent this site to my daughter and sister so they can try it!Thank you for sharing!"
"Well, I made recipe again and this bbq sauce is still excellent. Though not the thick sauce, it's consistancy is good because it sticks to your meats. It is not really spicy."
"I loved this BBQ sauce & would definetly make it again but it is sweet to my taste so I would cut some of the corn syrup, maybe a tablespoonful."
"this is a great sauce but how long will it keep in fridge jim fairmont wv"