Chili powder, cayenne and curry add an unexpected flavor twist to the taste-tempting bacon. With a touch of cinnamon and maple syrup, the well-seasoned strips complement just about any breakfast entree...including the must-try main course here.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: Spicy Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over both sides of bacon. Place on a rack in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Turn bacon and drizzle with remaining syrup. Bake for 6-10 minutes longer or until browned. Remove to paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'N' Spicy Bacon in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p12
Reviews forSweet 'N' Spicy Bacon
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2011
"This is my favorite way to fix bacon. Sweet and spicy. I use more cayenne, but we like it spicy."