- 3 to 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place ribs in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the ribs. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken the sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSweet 'n' Sour Ribs
"This has become one of our favorite recipes. The meat is so tender and the sauce is excellent. I make this more often on the stove top. Doesn't take as long and the sauce thickens up a bit."
"I would not make this again, the ribs had no flavor, the sauce was ok, but not worth the time."
"I made this using bone-in ribs and was disappointed that the sauce was very, very, very watery and not thick at all. I was really put off the texture and ended up throwing most of it out. Is there any way to thicken the sauce?"
"One of my favorite recipes! I use chunk pineapple, and chunk the pepper and onion instead of slicing, just my preference. We like the sauce thickened - at least part of it. Serve over rice. It's like shish-ka-bobs in a crock pot! Wonderful!"