Sweet 'n' Sour Raspberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) seedless raspberry preserves
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Torn mixed salad greens
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the preserves and 3/4 cup sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender. Add the water, onion, vinegar, tarragon, curry powder, white pepper, pepper and remaining sugar; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with salad greens. Yield: about 4 cups.
2 tablespoons: 120 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Raspberry Vinaigrette
"We enjoyed this dressing. I was afraid that it might be too strong when I tasted it after mixing it, but after being refrigerated until the next day, the flavors melded and the result was very favorable. It has kind of a sweet and sour flavor and really perks up a salad."