Sweet 'n' Sour Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- MEAT LOAF:
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the first six meat loaf ingredients; add 2/3 cup of the reserved sauce and mix well. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Pat into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Pour the remaining sauce over loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 loaves (5 servings each).
1 slice: 290 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1088mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Meat Loaf
"This was tasty, but sort of a pain. It took an hour an a half to cook, and even then it was still kind of a mushy mess. It was also pretty greasy. Not really sure what I did wrong. Maybe it's because I used a "meatloaf mix" of ground meat? I also didn't feel like it tasted like "sweet n' sour", but it was still tasty. I'm not sure I'd try it again though, there are other meat loaf recipes I prefer over this one."
"This is the only meatloaf that I and my children like! Very flavorful :)~"